Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Running Edit and DVD Cover



O.k. Here is a running edit timed (Not Final).
Still lots of work, BUT not much as i already done.

Now i just noticed that i didn't scale the animation up (silly me), so sorry about it...will export it again, but hope you'll still be able to see and understand.

Another thing is the end which isn't clear right now, because i still need to finish off 2 shots i added and also finish off the animation and timing. Then it will make much more sense and we will understand the ticket is there and so is the guy realize how far his dog went.

I'm happy it's shorter now - under 3 minutes - what i really wanted in the beginning and i will try to keep it short when i time the final piece. In the animatic it's 4 + minutes....

Please please please feel free to criticize and comment (Jack - i will add the ticket under the ball and she will take the ball with the ticket all the way!!! - and think about a new title!!! :)

I thought about "all the way" , "Rolling", "Best friends" ......i don't know....I'm lost, help me! :)

Other then that, let me know what do u think overall !!!

I already wrote that i will add the 20% animation left in the next stage (milestones 2), but majority of the animation is done.

Now as for the Milestones:

1 - i have a running comp (+ timing)

2 - rough soundtrack is on the way (Probably be ready this weekend or next week from the sound guy)

3 - Animation: 2 last shots to finish inbetweens for and I'm done (but can't finish it by this weekend just because of the god@#@@$n essay....
I will probably looking at next weekend.

Then I'll decide if to finish off Animation completely, or finish backgrounds first and then continue with the 20% left.



In the meanwhile, this is my cover. Very very simple...few days ago i had a better idea to improve it, but i was working the entire weekend and now it's too late....but maybe after the film would be ready I'll put myself into it more..want to color it and add more details...
That's it for now.


3 comments:

  1. How about "Just the ticket" an english idiom that means "something is just perfect" - like your dog.

    So its a play on words on three levels,

    1) literally it was "just the ticket" - that he forgot and couldn't find at the airport...
    2) the dog shows him that it is "just a ticket" and not that important
    3) his dog however is "Just the ticket"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack,
    It's interesting. It's actually really cool that it has so much meaning when it comes to the story, so many layers you thought about.
    I will definitely think about changing it to that...i love how it sounds simple, but it's deep as well.
    trying to think about a few more...
    Thanks Jack!
    I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete